HouseBid is an open source bidding platform, where property owners could list their properties, then allow interested customers to bid from the property.
The auctions are usual, the bidder with the highest bid will be automatically chosen as the winner, and will have to pay for the property at the end.
🚶♀️ App Walkthrough
What’s better than a demo? Here’s one just for you...
PS: This was my first ever time trying motion-design, would be flattered to hear any feedback :)
🏘 Home Page
🎧 Single Product Page
🙉 Listings Page
🎭 Activity Page
🤩 Some Features
I’ve put in extra effort to ensure the project is more than just a concept, and could even be used as a real application
🪄 Verification using Stripe
🧑💻 Bid Anonymously
📈 Specify Increments
💳 Seamless Wallet Integration
🌙 Dark Mode
🏷 List under several tags
📐 Tech Stack
I’ve created HouseBid using the following open-source technologies:
- Hausra + GraphQL: For the awesome and easy-to-implement backend
- NextJS: As the frontend of the app
- Vercel: Deployment solution for the app
- Sass: For styling the app
- Figma: For designing the app, and it’s user flow
- Oracle Cloud: For hosting the database and other crucial parts of the app
😈 Hasura's Role
After thinking about what to make for a hackathon, I decided to go with an app that demonstrates everything Hasura has to offer:
- 🪄 Reliable CRUD operations
- 🗝 Seamless 3rd Party Role-based Authorization
- 👑 Blazing fast live-updates through subscriptions
The application will be going to have a lot of features in the coming months, and the possibilities are virtually endless. That’s why I have a lot on the white board
There’s a lot that got into the project, and I would love to have you review it.
Also, you know the drill. If you found this article helpful or the app awesome, do let me know in the comments, and I would love to hear the feedback.
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Mohit Yadav by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!